If you are feeling tired, have low mood, struggling to concentrate, skin looking dull and feeling dry. Consider increase your intake of fat- especially from olive oil, coconut oil, cheese, red meat, oily fish, avocados, chia seeds.
Here are 8 good reasons to increase your intake of fat:
1. Fats provide a source of long-burning energy
2. Fats are building blocks for our hormones and cell membranes
3. Fats stimulate the release of bile from the gallbladder
4. We need fat to absorb fat-soluble vitamins; A, D, E, K
5. We need fat in order to properly absorb and utilize proteins
6. Fat slows the absorption of food during digestion
7. Fats make food taste good
8. Fats are a great brain food
Identify one fat you can increase in your diet tomorrow morning, does it help to keep you fuller for longer?